If a stroll down quaint streets lined with historic, brick buildings is what you crave, look no further than Newburyport, MA. Yes – a tour of Ireland over St. Patrick’s Day would be a once in a lifetime experience, but for those staying stateside, make a visit to Newburyport. With sales and specials in our numerous shops, and special events and menus in our variety of restaurants, Newburyport has something to offer every palate this St. Patrick’s Day. Check out the following establishments offering special St. Patrick’s Day events.
- Brick & Ash:Join the Block Party at Brick & Ash starting at 9:00AM with a traditional Irish Breakfast. Enjoy an all you can eat buffet for $14/person until 2:00PM and their full menu starting at 12:00PM. The parking lot will be open for fun, games, and entertainment, and they will be tapping Maine Brewing Co.’s “Lunch” IPA at 12:00PM and later a keg of “Dinner” Double IPA. Dinner is very hard to come by, as its release is very limited. Craft beer lovers will really be excited about that!
- Carry Out Cafe: Enjoy a special menu featuring traditional corned beef & cabbage with treats from Chococoa for dessert!
- Lorretta: Eat up during Jazz Brunch from 11:30AM – 2:00PM. Watch an Irish step dancing troupe at 2:30PM, and listen to Cuppa Joe who will be performing an eclectic mix of music including some Irish tunes from 7:00PM – 10:00PM. A variety of Irish foods including corned beef & cabbage will be served all day.
- Mission Oak Grill:You’re invited to join Mission Oak Grill’s LAST Supper Club Sunday until June! Pick from a selection of their signature entrees at half the price. Go for gold this St. Paddy’s Day and try Chef Kevin’s corned beef special all weekend long.
- Newburyport Brewing:The Bracken School of Irish Dance returns to NBPT Brew on March 17. Dancing will begin at 3:30PM and lasts until approximately 6:30PM. Justine’s Baked Goods food truck will be serving all day – or until food runs out – starting at 1:00PM. The full menu will be posted soon, but it will include corned beef sandwiches in addition to the regular food menu.
- Park Lunch:Enjoy a corned beef & cabbage dinner with all the fixings, green beer, and Irish music. Sheila Linehan will be live at 11:00AM and don’t miss a special appearance from the North Shore Pipe Band!
Numerous of our chamber members are offering special deals and discounts for St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you are searching for a gift, or want to treat yourself, make Newburyport your shopping destination. Here’s a selection of deals you don’t want to miss:
- BC Essentials:Receive 20% off anything green in the store on March 17.
- Dianne’s Fine Desserts:From March 14 – 16, twelve pack trays of Mason Jar Desserts are $10. Available flavors are Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake & Tiramisu Cake.
- Moe’s Italian Sandwiches: Buy an eight pack of Guiness in the Storey Ave Shell Station, and enjoy a free half corned beef sub.
- Nauti Pearl:Receive 17% off in-store purchases on March 17 along with a free green scarf to dress up your outfit or bag for the holiday.